Unidos Por La Libertad, Org. dba Business and Debt Counseling is a California Tax Exempt non-profit organization under R&TC Section 23701d pending IRS exemption under IRC 501 (c) 3 that specializes in pre-bankruptcy certification counseling and debtor education courses. The organization is an accredited member of Cooperative Processing Resources. Our counselors are certified by an independent third party organization (National Association of Certified Credit Counselor - NACCC). NAACC maintains high standards for quality credit counseling and financial education, and this agency complies with those standards. In addition, this agency is seeking accreditation by the COA, an independent third-party organization that reviews and monitors entities that provide social services as part of our application for membership in the National Foundation of Credit Counselors. The majority of funding is derived from fees paid by debtors for certification services. Some funding is derived from fees collected for debt management programs. No fees are either paid or received by Unidos Por La Libertad, Org. dba Business and Debt Counseling for the referral of a client to a bankruptcy attorney or any bankruptcy alternative provider.
You have the option of taking Counseling in Motion or Money in Motion, our pre-bankruptcy counseling or pre discharge education program, in an in-person or online session. A NAACC certified credit counselor will be conducting or supervising the counseling or educational sessions. For online students, please email any questions you have regarding Counseling in Motion or Money in Motion to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response to your questions within one business day.
We will ask you to voluntarily fill out basic demographic information. We will not disclose any such information that you provide orally or in writing to anyone, except as authorized by you in writing or as required by law. We may compile data in aggregate form; however, your information will not be disclosed in any manner that would personally identify you. Unidos Por La Libertad, Org. dba Business and Debt Counseling will NOT provide any information to a credit reporting agency related to the counseling provided. However, please be advised that entering into a bankruptcy alternative plan or filing for bankruptcy may have a negative impact on a client’s credit rating.
Pre-bankruptcy Credit Counseling and Debtor Education Certificate Process:
Unidos Por La Libertad, Org. (UPLL) dba Business & Debt Counseling Services (BDC) makes the following disclosures:
- UPLL DBA BDC is seeking approval by the Executive Office of the US Trustee Program to issue certificates for credit counseling and debtor education courses in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of an Agency's services.
- UPLL DBA BDC does not engage in the practice of law (see a qualified attorney for specific matters).
- UPLL DBA BDC will provide you with a counselor certified by an independent third party organization (National Association of Certified Credit Counselors - NACCC) for all budget and credit analysis counseling.
- UPLL DBA BDC will provide you with a counselor/teacher certified by an independent third party organization (National Association of Certified Credit Counselor or licensed teacher) for debtor education.
- UPLL DBA BDC does NOT pay counselors incentives for referral to any bankruptcy attorney or bankruptcy alternative provider.
- I) Pre filing Credit Counseling :(prices individual or joint)
- A) Internet initiated: $40.00
- B) In Person $50.00
- II) Post debtor Education: (prices individual or joint)
- A) Internet Course: $25.00 individual or joint
- B) In Person-$35.00 individual or joint
- This fee is the same for either a single filer or joint filers if both attend the same session.
- Credit Counseling services will be provided without regard to ability of the client to pay the above stated fees or the clients participation in a debt management plan whether services are offered online or in-person. The Debtor Education course is offered to debtor students without regard to a debtor student's ability to pay whether offered online or in-person.. UPLL DBA BDC will consider the elimination of the fees depending on the specific circumstances of the client (provide services for free for client’s who submit an eligible approved fee waiver). For more information on fee waivers call 323-331-7531.
- Fees for services or courses are paid by the students and may be paid via debit card, Internet ACH authorization, paper ACH authorization form, or money order. Fees which are waived for eligible participants may be paid by private or public grants for which the agency periodically applies.
- UPLL DBA BDC will only refer clients for administration of a
debt management plan (“DMP”) to an agency that is:
- A UST- approved agency or an agency covered by an approved UST bond AND has agreed, in writing, to permit the UST to audit, as necessary.
- Upon completion of pre-bankruptcy counseling or debtor education, a certificate of completion will be issued within one business day.
- Debtor education participates will need to provide us with your bankruptcy case number for this certificate.
- If you are dissatisfied with the service provided by our agency you can utilize the Complaint Resolution Process.
In limited circumstances you may be eligible to have this fee waived. We will not deny service due to an inability to pay. The fee is waived with proof that your filing fees were waived or that your income is below poverty level according to the US Census figures. For more information on fee waivers call 1 323-331-7531.
Our counselors are available to provide Pre-Bankruptcy Counseling services Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm. If you need alternative hours, please call to set an appointment.
Pre-Discharge Education Schedule
Pre-Registration is Required for all Classes
On-Site Counseling Location – 599 S. Barranca Ave. Suite L103, Covina, CA 91723
October 19, 2012 Pre-Discharge 10 am – 12 noon or Pre-Discharge 2pm to 4pm
October 26, 2012 Pre-Discharge 10 am – 12 noon or Pre-Discharge 2pm to 4pm
November 2, 2012 Pre-Discharge 10 am – 12 noon or Pre-Discharge 2pm to 4pm
November 9, 2012 Pre-Discharge 10 am – 12 noon or Pre-Discharge 2pm to 4pm
November 16, 2012 Pre-Discharge 10 am – 12 noon or Pre-Discharge 2pm to 4pm
November 17, 2012 Pre-Discharge 10 am – 12 noon or Pre-Discharge 2pm to 4pm
No Class November 23, 2012 Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday